Live all-hardware drone ambient recording, featuring Roland SH-32 and various guitar effect pedals.
The sounds of industry and progress, devolution and recombination. Recorded live via vinyl.
A Halloween emission of dark experiments and noise. All vinyl in the cauldron. Track listings below.
- Emptyset – Medium [Subtext Recordings]
- The Anti Group – The Discussion [Interior Music]
- Coil – Aqua Regis [WAX TRAX!]
- Ashtray Navigations – Plastic Sea [Menlo Park Recordings]
- Nurse With Wound – Colder Still (Ending) [Streamline]
- Coil – How to Destroy Angels [LAYLAH]
- William S. Burroughs – Working With the Popular Forces [Sub Rosa]
- Zoviet France – A Flock of Rotations [Red Rhino]
- Orson Welles – War of the Worlds [Evolution]
- Richard H. Kirk – Novemer X Ray Mexico [WARP]
- James Bailey – From a Window 1 a.m. [Applied Science]
- Maybe Mental – Will [Placebo Records]
- The Future Sound of London – Everyone in the World is Doing Something Without Me [Virgin Records]
- Klaus – Cypher [R&S Records]
- The Sprawl – Drowning in Binary [The Death of Rave]
- Function/Vatican Shadow – The Nemesis Flower [Hospital Productions]
- Miles – Archaic Thought Pattern 1 [Modern Love]
- Mitchell Akiyama – Meridial [Eat This Records]
- Ilhan Mimaroglu – Le Tombeau d’Edgar Poe [Turnabout]
- Boards of Canada – Beware the Friendly Stranger [WARP]
- Silver Waves – VI (Ossia Remix) [Portals Editions]
- Raime – Dialing in Falling out [Blackest Ever Black]
- Ø – Heijastuva [Sähkö Recordings]
- The Summerlad – City of Noise [Saved by Vinyl]
- Link & E621 – Antacid [Evolution]
- PWOG – Dust (at the crossroads) [KK]
- Plaid – Object Orient [WARP]
Live modular jam. An endpoint.
An all-modular one and a half hour voyage through the mind. Recorded live, no edits.
This month, a series of longform dark ambient experiments from Stylusnation artists, using Eurorack, outboard analog and digital gear. The first hour and a half features Tom Golder and Sunrise Awakening performing a live, improvised modular jam. Track listing below.
- Tom Golder & Sunrise Awakening – Miriam’s Walk (unreleased live performance) [Stylusnation]
- Tom Golder – Patch 17 [Stylusnation]
- Sublight – Simulated Distance VIII [Stylusnation]
- Discovery Circle – Where the Buses Don’t Run (unreleased) [Stylusnation]
Featuring Roger, a fiery, righteous street preacher. Recorded in London, February 2005.
Passing through the haze to reach comfort. Live recording on my modular, no edits.