Bringing back the oldskool breakbeat hardcore. Made with love and hardware: Roland Super JV 1080, sr-jv80 Techno expansion.
A swerve into oldskool Jungle, in all of its darkness and light. Dark Surface brings the vinyl. Track Listings below.
- Oaysis – Open Secrets [Moving Shadow]
- Remarc + Lewi Cifer – Ricky [Dollar Records]
- Johnny Jungle – Johnny ’94 (Kings of the Jungle mix) [Suburban Base]
- Remarc – Not 4 U [Dollar Records]
- Bizzy B & Technochild – Dubplate Wars [Brain Records]
- Gappa G and Hyper Hyper – Information Centre (Bizzy B Remix) [Ruff Kut Records]
- Tango & Fallout – Positive Chaos (Mix 2) [not on label]
- DJ Solo – Made in London [Production House Records]
- MI5 – I Can’t Understand [Lucky Spin Records]
- Da Intalex – What Ya Gonna Do (Remix Part 1) [Flex Records]
- Danny Breaks – Step Off (Remix by Splash) [Droppin’ Science]
- Interrogator – Fire Play [Liftin’ Spirit Records]
- DJ Shock C. & DJ Ellis the Menace – Crazy Feelings [Back 2 Basics Recordings]
- Lick Back Organization – Ruff ‘N’ Rugged (The Kenny Ken Remix) [Suburban Base]
- Smith Inc – She Devil [Absolute Zero Records]
- The Imposter and Lewi – Shining [II Strong Records]
- Ned Ryder – Lift Off [Back 2 Basics Recordings]
- DJ Levi – Nema, Child of the Void [Spotlight Records]
- Notorious – Raw Material [Production House Records]
- Q Project – Champion Sound (Alliance Remix) [Legend Records]
- Ginetix – Main Feature [Face Records]
- Tom and Jerry – Cat Got Your Tongue [Tom & Jerry Records]
- DJ Trace & Ed Rush – Clean Gun [Lucky Spin Recordings]
- SMF – Guillotine (Psychotic Mix) [Rugged Vinyl]
- Mixrace – Mixrace Outta Hand [Moving Shadow]
- White Breaks – White Line [White Breaks Frankfurt]
- Mixrace – The Don of Babylon [Moving Shadow]
- Phrenetic – Candy Man [Whitehouse Records]
- Goldie – Kemistry (Doc Scott Mix) [Metalheadz]
In case you weren’t hardcore before ’94.
At the conclusion of his DJ career, a journey through 20 years of Sublight’s favourite mixes. Thanks to all of you for listening, for support, inspiration and many wonderful memories.
Classic oldskool moments re-engineered & re-lived.
A nod back to the old school on my 20 year rave-versary. Composed on the road + mixed on headphones + not mastered = 1993 quality 🙂
In thousands of years when archeologists resurrect the stylus as a contemporary Rosetta Stone, they will place it on the ancient plates they find in the crypts of Detroit, and the markings will come to booming, majestic life. Big up UR and +8, you will last the test of time.
The madness escapes in every direction. This bizness is gritty and dangerous.
The undiscovered continent of early rave music.
A look into the mirror, the reflection of what was, and as such, what will be.